U.S. magazine Car and Driver get an up close and personal look at the 2013 BMW M3 Lime Rock Park Edition.
As a farewell to the E92 M3, BMW of North America announced back in July 2012 a limited edition of the popular M3. Dubbed BMW M3 Lime Rock Park Edition Coupe, the special M3 was limited to 200 units which sold out quickly despite the price tag of $ 70,100.
Lime Rock Park and BMW collaborated on the limited edition M3 Coupe. Each car was painted in rare Fire Orange and features Anthracite and Black cloth seating with Nappa leather trim. The popular Competition Package is fitted, and the M3’s signature carbon fiber composite roof panel will be retained on all copies produced. Also in the standard equipment profile will be a lightweight inconel-titanium exhaust muffler, carbon fiber front and rear aerodynamic aids, and an Anthracite Alcantara-covered, flat-bottom steering wheel.
The limited M3 also comes equipped with a 6-speed manual transmission.
BASIC EQUIPMENT PROFILE
The M3 Lime Rock Park Edition Coupe is positioned as a classic, basic Driving Machine with excellent value, and the base MSRP includes the following:
• M3 Coupe, MY13
• Fire Orange exterior paint from BMW Individual
• Competition Package (ZCP) with Style 359M silver 19” wheels
• Anthracite and Black cloth manual-adjustment seats with Nappa Leather trim
• Inconel / titanium exhaust muffler
• Carbon fiber front chin splitters
• Carbon fiber rear deck spoiler (requires 326 rear spoiler delete)
• Anthracite Alcantara steering wheel with flat-bottom design and blue index stripe
• 6-speed manual transmission
• Carbon fiber roof panel
• (4MY) Carbon leather trim
Optional equipment may be specified during a brief window of time via fax-in vehicle change form, which will be provided to dealers by Automotive Sales in the coming days. This process is similar to HEA programs for other vehicles. We ask that dealers only submit 1 change form per vehicle to avoid confusion and change-order requests.
• (ZPP) Premium Package
• (ZCW) Cold Weather Package
• (609) Navigation System
• (2MK) M-DCT Transmission
• (322) Comfort Access
• (415) Power Rear Sunshade
• (494) Heated Front Seats
• (507) Rear Park Distance Control
• (5AC) Automatic High Beams
• (655) Satellite Radio with 1-year subscription
• (6NR) BMW Apps
• (752) BMW Individual Enhanced Premium Sound
• Limited availability: Black Wheels (Competition Package, Style 359M)
The article 2013 BMW M3 Lime Rock Park Edition – Up Close and Personal appeared first on BMW BLOG