As of March production, the BMW 7 Series becomes the latest US model line to benefit from BMW Advanced Diesel technology with the all-new 740Ld xDrive Sedan, launching as a model year 2015 addition to the line up. This model features BMW’s N57 TU 3.0-liter 6-cylinderTwinPower Turbo diesel engine in the long-wheelbase 7 Series with xDrive. It made its US debut at the Chicago Auto Show in February 2014.
Based on the product configuration of its 740Li xDrive counterpart, this diesel version offers a similar level of standard equipment but has its own unique attributes:
- BMW TwinPower Turbo technology with VTG (Variable Turbine Technology)
- Maximum power output 255 HP @ 4000 rpm
- A single turbocharger with variable vane turbine technology results in increased maximum torque output of 413 lb/ft between 1500 and 3000 rpm.
- 0 to 60 mph in 6.1 seconds
- The latest common rail high-precision diesel injection system contributes to a significant fuel efficiency advantage and reduction in emissions vs. the 740Li xDrive
- Exhaust-gas treatment system is specifically designed to comply with ULEV II emission standards
Changes to the standard equipment:
- 6NH Hands-free Bluetooth and USB audio connection are now standard
- 6AK BMW Online and BMW Apps are now standard
- Leather Dasboard (4ND) is now standard on 750i, 750iL, 750i xDrive and 750iL xDrive models. It was already standard on the ALPINA B7 models and the 760Li.
- Full LED Lights (552) and Automatic high beams (5AC) are now standard on 750i, 750iL, 750i xDrive and 750iL xDrive models, as well as on all ALPINA B7 models. It was already standard on the 760Li.
- 6NS ‘Enhanced USB and Bluetooth plus Smartphone Integration’ is no longer standard because the Bluetooth audio streaming functionality moves to a new standard option (6NH ‘Hands-free Bluetooth and USB Audio Connection’). The remaining functionality of 6NS is now a standalone option for $ 500.
The article BMW 740Ld xDrive with BMW Advanced Diesel available in the U.S. appeared first on BMW BLOG