Now, more invigorating horsepower and torque, is available with two new power kits bring crisp stimulating performance to the Ultimate Driving Machine. BMW 135i and 335i Models can now be retrofitted at BMW centers or via the Port Installation Program to an unprecedented level of performance. These new Power Kits ensure that new car buyers and current owners are in for that extra thrill beyond the outstanding performance that can already be realized with these exciting vehicles.
- Version 1 Power Kit :Performance-Optimized Engine Software. This version of the Power Kit was first introduced on the 335i BMW Performance Edition model (announced in July, 2011). Available for all Model Year 135i and 335i vehicles. Also available for X6 vehicles produced up to 04/2010.
- Version 2 Power Kit: Same engine performance software as Version 1, plus an Auxiliary Water Cooler and an Enhanced Radiator Fan to reduce the higher thermal stresses on the engine during extreme driving. Available for all Model Year 135i and 335i vehicles.
To coincide with this exciting announcement of two new Power Kit versions, BMW is offering a special introductory price on all Power Kits from now until the end of 2011!
- Special pricing for the Version 1 Power Kit is $ 599 MSRP* (including Power Kits for X6 Models).
- Special pricing for the Version 2 Power Kit is $ 1,199 MSRP* (this price does not include the additional air ducts or other components that may be needed to install the Version 2 Power Kit).
*Not including installation. Contact your local BMW center for final pricing.
Power Kit Highlights:
Horsepower is increased to 320hp (20hp increase).
Torque is increased to 332 lb-ft (when equipped with an automatic transmission) and 317 lb-ft (when equipped with a manual or DCT transmission).
- 0.2 seconds faster than the standard 335i model from 0 mph to 60 mph.
- 0.5 seconds faster than the standard 335i model from 50 mph to 75 mph.
“Exhaust burble” sound during engine overrun conditions (new feature).
Specially developed in-house by BMW engineers to work with 135i and 335i vehicles.
- Vehicles retain the original emission certification.
- Vehicles maintain the original fuel efficiency ratings.
- The vehicle’s original BMW Limited Warranty is not affected.
Note: Power Kits should only be installed on 135i and 335i vehicles equipped with option code S840 (increased top speed limiter – which includes an additional oil cooler).
BMW Power Kits are the only form of “tuning kits” approved and covered under BMW of North America’s limited warranty. Power Kits are designed and tested by BMW engineers to provide the highest power increase without sacrificing reliability.